Counseling Services in Houghton Lake and Roscommon
Coping With Life's Challenges
We offer individual and family counseling to help you cope with life's challenges. These include a wide variety of topics such as:
- Behavioral Difficulties in Children and Adolescents
- Emotional, physical, and sexual abuse
- Grief & Loss
- Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Substance use disorders
What to Expect
You will meet with a counselor in a private office. You will receive counseling and referrals based on your individual needs in a safe, comfortable environment. With your counselor you will:
- Choose the subject you want to discuss
- Choose the things in your life you want to improve
- Identify the strengths you have to overcome challenges in your life
How to Make An Appointment
Ask your provider about counseling services, or stop at our reception desk. You may also call us at the MidMichigan Health Park - Houghton Lake at (989) 422-5122 for more information.
Costs and Payment
Our staff can explain the costs for counseling and your insurance options. Payment is expected at the time services are rendered, but many insurances will cover all or part of the costs. Here are some guidelines:
- We recommend people with Commercial Insurance contact their insurance company for details about their coverage before making an appointment. Ask about what is covered and what you would be expected to pay (sometimes deductibles or co-pays apply).
- Amounts not covered by your commercial insurance may be eligible for our Sliding Fee Discount Program if you are an established patient. This program is also available to those established patients without insurance.
- Generally, Medicare benefits will help pay for counseling recommended by your provider. There is usually a co-pay that will be your responsibility.
- Medicaid will generally pay for counseling recommended by your provider.