School-Based Health Centers
Improved Learning through Improved Health
School-Based Health Centers provide services to students in the Houghton Lake Community Schools and Roscommon Public Schools.
With state funding, the centers work to improve the health of students 10-21 years of age and reach out to provide services to medically underserved children. Specific services are listed below.
The centers participate in Medicaid Outreach and can assist families in applying for and enrolling in Medicaid.
- Primary Health Care
- First Aid
- Preventive Care
- Health Education
- Well-Child Checks
- Sports Physicals
- Medication Administration
- Individual and Group Counseling Services
- HIV Screening/Referrals
- Pregnancy Testing/Referrals
- Substance Abuse Counseling/Education/Referrals
Locations & Providers
- School-Based Health Center at Harrison Middle School, (989) 741-8390
- Michelle Wolfe, P.A.-C.
- Shelby Battle, C.M.A.
- Kendra Brown-Doneth, L.P.C., C.A.A.D.C., A.C.S.
Hours: Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- School-Based Health Center at Houghton Lake High School, (989) 366-2061
- Carissa A. Bonner, C.P.N.P.
- April David, L.P.C, C.A.A.D.C.
- Meghan Linton, C.M.A.
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- School-Based Health Center at Roscommon Middle School, (989) 275-6658
- Constance S. Geers, C.F.N.P.
- Becky Smith, M.A., L.P.C.
- Becky Maves, L.P.N.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Counseling Services available - Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.